Sonntag, 22. März 2015

Abiword - daily use?

To understand  features and the workflow with abiword i workd on Linux and on windows with abiword 3.0.

I getting more and more a mixed feeling about this pice of software .... not only that its development is nearly on hold, it has some downsides.

Trying to make my sunday service programm i always need to print several copies from this programm to hand it out to our band and worship team.

Abiword in this case simply  failed miserable. I used the print dialog and typed in 3 Copies... but the printer printed only one. It turned out this is a bug know since 2005!!! Ten years! And if i need to print like 20 pages of a dokument?? hit 20 times the print button??
For me you cant say its a stable release if there are still such bugs opend. 

The next supries was for me when i tried to copy in my sermon to format it. It just didnt worked.
I tried tree times and finally it worked out. But still really buggy. Also it seems that the layoutengine is verry slow at least on windows.

So even if we can manage to port everything to Haiku OS Abiword will not be the best solution - at least this is now my feeling after using Abiword for half a week.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen